The most important thing a broker can do for a seller is to set the price of the property correctly for the market. We’ll prepare a thorough market analysis, and help you to price your property so it sells in a timely manner, but maximizes the price. But there’s much more to being a seller’s broker than that. Additionally, we will:
- Advise you on how to get ready for showing, and how to enhance the property’s appeal to buyers.
- Provide excellent photography. Listings with superior photography get more buyer attention.
- Market the property effectively on the internet, using various websites. The internet IS the primary marketing tool! Over 90% of real estate transactions start with the internet.
- Promote the property to other brokers through the MLS, the broker caravan, e-mail blasts.
- Advertise in various digital and print media
- Be knowledgeable about all aspects of the property, and compile a “complete dossier”, so as to be able to provide information that buyers and brokers will want.
- Communicate with you about showings and market conditions.
- Negotiate purchase offer(s) to achieve best price and terms for you.
- Manage escrow so that a purchase contract gets to closing, including ordering title search and survey, negotiating home inspection issues on your behalf, handling septic system inspection (if applicable), organizing the transfer of utilities and water rights, etc. Effective management of the details and timeline of the contract is critical to a successful closing.
Taos Real Estate Market Data
We compile a monthly market report with key data on the Taos real estate market, including detailed sections on single-family homes, condos, land, mutli-family, and commercial property. We discuss sales trends, median and average prices, days on market, etc. Click here to read our current Taos New Mexico Real Estate Market Report.